POPFASD Online FASDclass
This free, 4-module introductory level training is available to educators in British Columbia, Canada (teachers, EAs, administrators, student services staff) and provides a foundation for increasing understanding of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder and its educational implications.
As you may have noticed, we have compressed our online FASDclasses from 6 sessions to 4 sessions. This is the same dynamic content now being presented in a concise format. The course will be delivered online via webinar. Participants will be expected to attend all 4 x 90 minute online sessions as well as committing time to study and assignments. Completion certificates will be awarded to those who meet the course expectations.
* Priority Online FASDclass Registration will be granted for any "student teams". A student team includes a classroom teacher and other educators supporting the same student. If you are interested in registering as a student team, please contact your District Partner.
The online training offered by POPFASD is conducted via webinar and Moodle. In order to ensure all participants receive the best experience possible, we have outlined the following prerequisites.
- Individual access to a laptop or desktop computer
- High-speed Internet
- Headphones and a microphone
- You are a BC educator (teacher, EA, administrator, student support staff)
These are the absolute minimum requirements in order to take the course. If you can't meet these minimum requirements, you may contact us to learn about alternative training opportunities.
Please note: To ensure equity of access to the course across the province, POPFASD requests that interested applicants complete their own registration.
By clicking Continue you are confirming that you meet the requirements outlined above.
Next Registration Date
April 26th, 2017 at 3:30 PM (PST)
(Note: Online registration will close at noon on Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 in order to provide the necessary time to set up the cohorts)
Upcoming FASDclass Dates
Course 1 - Tuesdays starting May 16th, 2017 and ending June 6th, 2017 - 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm (PST)
Course 2 - Tuesdays starting May 16th, 2017 and ending June 6th, 2017 - 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm (PST)
* These are 2 different groups that will be run at the same time by different instructors.