The FASD Success Show - Episode 010 - MRIs and the FASD Brain with Dr. Catherine Lebel
This is an episode from the FASD Success Show podcast.
From the podcast description:
In The FASD Success Show, Jeff [Noble] and his gang of FASD Insiders will talk about FASD in a real way so that you can learn how to deal and cope with FASD in REAL life, to be a better advocate and a more confident caregiver.
From the episode description:
We have a fascinating episode today as we talk MRIs, the brain and FASD with Dr. Catherine Lebel, Associate Professor of Radiology at the University of Calgary and Canada Research Chair in Pediatrics. Dr. Lebel has a PhD in Bio Medical Engineering and has Post Doctoral Training in Neurology and Pediatrics. But don't worry folks, we talk about all this in easy to understand language!
In this episode Dr. Lebel shares: how she found her way into the FASD world; gives us a look into her work (and how the brain works); tells us about a Canadian Study on FASD & Mental Health; and I ask her specifically (and she answers):
- Is it necessary, important or even helpful to get an MRI for an individual with FASD?
- Can an FASD brain grow?
- Can you re-write an FASD brain like you can with other brain injuries?
- Is there a catch up period in development with individuals with FASD?
- Is there any good research about supplements helping the FASD Brain?
- Do therapies, like Neurofeedback, have any noticeable and long term effects?