It's So Much Work To Be Your Friend
The book is divided into three sections:
- Why do they do the things they do? The impact of learning disorders on the development of social skills.
- Social skills on the homefront: Dealing with parents, siblings, and other strangers.
- Social skills at school: Reading, 'riting and 'rithmetic, and relationships.
There are 13 chapters. Some of the chapter titles include:
- Anxiety: A cause and consequence of social isolation
- Language difficulties: Getting and giving the message
- Enhancing organizational skills
- Bullies, victims, and spectators
This book provides practical, expert advice on helping children with learning disabilities achieve social success. The information and advice is useful information for those seeking to support children with other disabilities as well. This resource provides much information on how friendships develop and why children have social skills difficulties. It also provides many examples that help to understand the child's perspective.
Available at Odin Books 1-800-223-6346; $25.50 (Can.) www.odinbooks.ca