What Can Alcohol Do To A Foetus?
This film explores specifically what can happen to an unborn baby when it is exposed to alcohol:
- How alcohol reaches a developing foetus
- How alcohol affects gene expression
- How alcohol affects cell migration
- The effect of alcohol on brain development
- How alcohol can inhibit the growth of an unborn child
The script was developed with Dr. Raja Mukherjee - Consultant Psychiatrist, Adult Learning Disability Consultant Psychiatrist for Surrey and Borders' Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and internationally acclaimed expert in FASD and Dr. Adesoji Abiona - Consultant Community Paediatrician and Trustee of FASD Awareness Charity. The film contains a final message from Jess Read - Deputy Chief Midwifery Officer NHS England.