This resource contains a collection of expert presentations and the accompanying discussions from the consensus development conference on fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) held in October 2009 in Edmonton, Alberta.
The book is structured around 6 key questions:
- What is Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) and how is it diagnosed?
- Do we know the prevalence and incidence of FASD in different populations and can reporting be improved?
- What are the consequences of FASD for individuals, their families, and society?
- How can FASD be prevented?
- What policy options could more effectively support individuals with FASD and their families across the lifespan?
- What further research into FASD is needed?
Hard copy: email@example.com ; $25.00 flat fee (postage included)